This page is preserved as is at the time of the dissolution of the International Still’s Disease Foundation in 2017. To locate current research, public search engines, such as https://www.researchgate.net/topic/Adult-Onset-Stills-Disease, can help you find great information!
Systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA), formerly called Still’s disease, is officially classified as a subset of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA).
Taken from the International Journal of Inflammation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 480373, 5 pages
IL-18 Serum Level in Adult Onset Still’s Disease: A Marker of Disease Activity
Adult Onset Still’s Disease and Inflammation
June 17, 2020 Canakinumab First FDA-Approved Therapy for Adult-Onset Still’s Disease
FULL ARTICLE FDA.gov
TreatmentInterleukin 1 inhibition with anakinra in adult-onset Still disease: a meta-analysis of its efficacy and safety.
FULL ARTICLE through NBCI – NIH.gov
Retrospective study of 61 patients with adult-onset Still’s disease admitted with fever of unknown origin in China.
Abstract published at PubMed.gov
(The article states, ‘AOSD was not a rare reason of FUO in eastern China.’)
Fever of unknown origin: a review of 20 patients with adult-onset Still’s disease.
Abstract published on NIH.gov PubMed.gov
Scientists have discovered how to ‘switch off’ autoimmune diseases.
- How Digital Healthcare can Help the Environment, Reduce Costs, and Improve Patient Service via Tech Net Magazine (Microsoft)
- The Hyperferritinemia Syndrome: macrophage activation syndrome, Still’s disease, septic shock and catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome This article is from the BMC Medicine Site
- T cell subsets and their role in the pathogenesis of rheumatic disease. Taken from: the Current Opinion in Rheumatology site.
- http://clinicalresearch.com for up to date trials and research on many diseases and conditions that can be located by zip code.
- http://www.clinicalresearch.com/conditions/arthritis/advancements.aspx Advancements
- Prednisone withdrawal: Why taper down slowly? Cited from MayoClinic.com
- C-reactive protein test Aug. 16, 2013 – C-reactive protein test — Overview covers what to expect and results from this blood test.
- Tissue damage could be behind pain in hip implants Cited from the Arthritis Digest, April 10, 2013
- New rheumatoid arthritis drug has poor results in trials Cited from the Arthritis Digest April 9 2013
- FDA Has Approved Il-1 Inhibitor Canakinumab for Systemic JIA The Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine, May 10, 2013 EntreMed’s 2ME2 receives US patent for treatment of rheumatoid diseases: Pharmabiz.com
- How Juvenile Arthritis Affects the Eyes This article will give you information about how juvenile arthritis can cause eye problems – including uveitis — and what can be done to protect your child’s eyes. Web MD
- Treatment with Infliximab (Remicade)
- Is Still’s Disease An Autoinflammatory Syndrome ( PDF format)
- IL-18 Serum Level in Adult Onset Still’s Disease A Marker of Disease Activity (PDF format)
- Dr. Cush Article: Adult-Onset Still’s Disease: A Circadian Cytokine Syndrome? Probably one of the most informative documents on Still’s disease you will ever come across. Dr. Cush is a highly respected Rheumatologist and very knowledgeable on Adult- Onset Still’s disease. This article is approx. 30 pages.
- Clinical And Laboratory Features And Treatment
- Successful treatment of a small cohort of patients with adult onset of Still’s disease with infliximab (Remicade): first experiences
- Additional Article from Dr. Cush: Bulletin on the Rheumatic Diseases: Adult-Onset Still’s Disease( Smaller article app. 4 pages)
- Miller Fisher syndrome in adult onset Still’s disease: case report and review of the literature of other neurological manifestations
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome/thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (HUS/TTP) complicating adult Still’s disease: remission induced with intravenous immunoglobulin G